OK, everybody together “How HOT was it?”
It was so hot in there that:
- sweat was running off my elbows in pranayama and into my eyes in halfmoon
- I had trouble with awkward (a better posture of mine)
- I drank water at balancing stick (usually only drink at party time, end of standing series and fixed firm – for years, even at TT)
- I didn’t know what posture we were in at standing separate leg head to knee
- my towel made that squishy-squishy sound part way through the standing series
- spine strengthening series was a write off; I think I napped
- a very strong practitioner beside me struggled the whole class and got up and left somewhere around half-tortise or camel (first time I have EVER seen her leave)
- several people had the “bathroom” excuse
- I wanted, no NEEDED damnit, for the fans and air to be ON, ON, only ON! (Not usually this way, they make me cold when I am sweating)
- My toenail polish melted off! (Ok I’m kidding, but that’s what I thought when I saw a swatch of colour on my towel!)
I felt like one of those punching clowns – you know the kind that when you punch they go down, but somehow manage to wobble back up again. I wondered if it was just me since I have had that kind of week in class. When I realized it wasn’t me, I kind of felt a bit for the instructor (only been at our studio a few months and each studio is different to teach in), which is why I kept trying and trying when all I wanted to do was be flat in savasana!
Getting the heat and humidity right is a delicate balance sometimes. I taught a class this week where the complaint was the fans were on too much – the humidity was huge and I didn’t want to cook the class. It’s all very interesting. I also was in a class this week, the one I wrote about the ‘worst’ 8 seconds of my life, where I thought things were too hot and humid – but that class was me and my head and my tired, depleted body. As a teacher I often say every class is different. I sure am experiencing this through the challenge!
Now CONGRATS all yogi challengers 30DAYS, WOOOOO, WHOOOOO!!! Are you going to reward yourself?